Hello there again!

Our second post you will have to write about your dreamed work related to your career or studies. Please include the following topics:

- your dream job(s) when you were a child.

- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university.

- what made you decide for your current career in the end.

- your experience at university until now.

- the kind of job you would like to have in the future.

Number of words: 120 to 130, font: Arial, Calibri, size 11 – 12. Make comments on three of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher post as well (you have 36 hours to do so).

 _______________________________________________________________________


As an English pedagogy undergraduate student, I wanted to work on something related to my field. I dreamed all year long to get a position at a travel agency guiding tourists throughout Valparaiso hills’. In the same way, I also wished to get a job at the Pacific Terminal dock, where cruiser ships stopped by with hundreds of travellers. I tried year after year, but I couldn’t make it. On my final year at university, I end up translating some emails for a small company. However, I always had the chance to teach people around me.  I chose pedagogy because I enjoy seeing learners learning. I didn’t try any other career as I didn’t aim to do anything else in my life. 


 
 
My experience at university was good. I learned a lot of new things and met many interesting professors and classmates. Time to time a have contact with some of my former friends and have a meeting all together!
Today I am teaching some Chilean Spanish and Spanish to foreigners online. I am also preparing some learning materials for people interested in the way we use the language hereabouts.
 

Comments

  1. I also wanted to be an english teacher, I think its a cool job. My mother is an english teacher too and I like so much the way she works

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great! I think it's a very good and interesting profession

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is lovely read that you keep in touch with your friends. And now in pandemic times zoom's meeting is a funny way to communicate. Have you done it with your friends?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a so interesting career. And I also think that english is a very important, since it is a universal language. What was you favorite subject in the university?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vocation you have is admirable! It shows in your classes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teacher what a good that is teaching Chilean Spanish, since it is very difficult to learn for those who do not speak Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire your determination, for me it was very difficult to choose a career haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I admire the teachers a lot because they have a unique patience to teach, they are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh I think it's great that I teach Chilean Spanish to foreigners, I didn't think there were people doing that. I wish you much success and thank you for contributing to the learning of all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is incredible, teaching things that are difficult for people is one of the best things in life

    ReplyDelete
  11. The idea of working on a cruise ship sounds very interesting, I really would like to do that at one point in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Professor, it shows how much you like to teach, I hope to love my work as much as you

    ReplyDelete
  13. How interesting to be able to teach Spanish-Chilean, I think it's a great initiative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 3 - Your Favorite Piece of Technology

POST 6 - Post graduate studies