Post 4 - Themed Post

Hello again class :) This is our fourth post! On this occasion, it is a themed topic! You can write about any topic you like or you feel inspired about. I invite you to pick a career related topic though. I would love to read your experiences or any other aspects of your studies at the faculty/university and your projects as a future professional. Please include the following topics:

  1. What is the topic selected?
  2. Why did you choose it?
  3. How is the topic relevant for you?
  4. Anything pertinent you can add

Requirements for the entry:
For the present task, you need to write 140 to 145 words. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the structures we have learned in previous lessons and all the English you know. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY. Good luck on your task!

 Tours y paquetes de viajes Puerto Montt y Puerto Varas

 My first trip to Puerto Varas was right after I finish my second university year in 1994. I had many expectations, as I knew the place by name and I wanted to visit it since long ago. 

My university faculty and the local Lutheran churches plus some other organizations organised some volunteering activities along with our working summer holidays. So in the morning we picked rosehip fruits and in the evening we did some volunteering work. 

Vecinos de Villa Los Jardines de Nueva Braunau celebrarán su 10°  Aniversario con variadas actividades | El Repuertero.cl, Noticias de Puerto  Montt y Los Lagos

The local students were really outgoing. We had a great time together helping the local communities at Nueva Branau and Loncotoro. We helped installing pipes and doing some hard work patching some ways-in.

Corte Suprema condena a Colegio Alemán de Puerto Varas por discriminar a  menor con síndrome de Down | Emol.com

I enjoyed listening the students speaking in German. I knew some, so I spoke some with them. Similarly, I learnt some Mapuche words and improved my English as I met an Australian couple. 

Templo Luterano | Consejo de Monumentos Nacionales de Chile

 

At the end, I made some money, helped the local people and created new friends. We really enjoyed our trip to Puerto Varas.

 




Comments

  1. That's an incredible memory! I always wanted to visit Puerto Varas but I never had the opportunity to go. But I hope some day I can go with my family or friends

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Puerto Varas! In 2017 I went with my classmates on a study tour and I visited many places, including Puerto Varas. Reading your post I remembered good and unforgettable moments haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have family members who live in puerto varas, it's a very nice place, but i haven't been there for a long time. I hope i can go in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice experience helping people and meeting new people from other countries!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful places, I really like the architecture of Puerto Varas and being able to learn different languages ​​and even Mapudungun, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I went to Puerto Varas in a summer vacation, it's an amazing place to visit because there is a beautiful architecture with a lot of history.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been to Puerto Varas :(, however I have been told that it is a wonderful place, where you can breathe the "magic of the south." I hope to go one day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never been to Puerto Varas, I would like to go there someday. I went south for the first time in the summer and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never been to Puerto Varas, but I can see that it is beautiful, as well as your lived experience, are memories that will never be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It´s a beautiful place ! I go almost every year, you have many restaurant and lakes to visit and there are many lakes in the area .

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been to Puerto Varas :( I would very much like to go and see the Lutheran churches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that must had been a very nice experience. I would also like to do volunteer activities.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never visited puerto varas but because of your experience it sounds like a nice place, i would like to visit it someday, besides i think that volunteering is very filling spiritually and meeting new people from other places i also find it a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I visited Puerto Varas on vacations! it's really Beautiful<3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Post 3 - Your Favorite Piece of Technology

POST 6 - Post graduate studies